Yeah, I know, it’s already halfway through May and I’ve already started reading the books on my May watchlist, but work has been insane the last three weeks.
- The Girl Who Chased the Moon by Sarah Addison Allen – *Loved* I liked the parallel stories of the two main characters and I think this would appeal to a lot of YA readers. Ms. Allen has a deft hand for the magical realism elements.
- Nine Rules to Break When Romancing a Rake by Sarah Maclean – Enjoyable. I had a few problems with it, so I’d rate it as a B-/B read for me, but I will be checking out her next book.
- What the Librarian Did by Karina Bliss – Very enjoyable. It’s rare that I’ll pick up a category romance, but I won this as part of a Dear Author giveaway and had made note of it a few months ago. Honestly, Harlequin’s been cutting back on the length of their categories for a while now, and I think this story might have been even stronger than it already is if it had been published under the old word counts. There were a couple of portions that I felt the surface was skimmed in order to make the length restrictions.
- Don’t Look Back by Amanda Quick – Book 2 of the Lake/March trilogy
- Late for the Wedding by Amanda Quick – Book 3 of the Lake/March trilogy. After finishing these, I can really see where the groundwork for the Arcane series books came from.
- Fired Up by Jayne Ann Krentz – Another technical reread for me. I really do love listening to this series on audio, even with the different narrators for the different pseudonyms.
- Sizzle and Burn by Jayne Ann Krentz – Ditto on the reread
- Fantasy in Death by J.D. Robb – ditto again
Total for April: 8 books with no DNF’s.
Total for the year: 41 books and two short stories. Honestly, this month felt like I’d barely read anything. One-third through the year and I’m still well ahead of pace.
- To Wed a Wicked Earl by Olivia Parker – Tweet from @Bloghappy got me interested – on hold at the library
- Burning Lamp by Amanda Quick – purchased and in TBR pile
- Savor the Moment by Nora Roberts – purchased and in TBR pile
- Lion’s Heat by Lora Leigh – still on hold at the library
- Pleasure of a Dark Prince by Kresley Cole – received from the library and in TBR pile
- Beyond the Rain by Jess Granger – in the TBR pile
- Summer of You by Kate Noble – I’m not sure what’s going on with this. I used to have it on hold at the library. Realized I hadn’t seen the hold last time I checked, and checked my account again. Nope, I was not imagining things, the hold is no longer there. I went to place the hold again, but now the book is no longer in the system. We’ll see.
- A River in the Sky by Elizabeth Peters – I’m still waiting for this to come available in audiobook.
- Wild Fire by Christine Feehan – still on hold with the library
- Ten Things I Love About You by Julia Quinn (5/25) – I’ll be purchasing this as it’s a mass market paperback. Also the sequel to last year’s What Happens in London.
- Fade to Midnight by Shannon McKenna (5/25) – I’ll probably put this on hold through the library as I haven’t been able to get through her last few books and this is going to be a hardcover.
- Infinity by Sherrilyn Kenyon (5/25) – Latest in her Dark Hunter series and in hardcover, so the library.