Overall, I don’t feel like I read a whole lot during June. As we all know by now, my idea of not reading a lot probably doesn’t line up with your definition.
- Skin Tight by Ava Gray – Yummy. Second in her “Skin” series featuring what is best described as anti-heroic protagonists.
- Play Dead by Meryl Sawyer – Sadly, bleh. See my review.
- Death Echo by Elizabeth Lowell – Pretty good. Again, go see my review.
- One Dance with a Duke by Tessa Dare – Mostly enjoyable. I had some issues, but they weren’t killing issues. First in her Stud Club trilogy.
- The Brazen Bride by Stephanie Laurens – Crack. Seriously, that’s all I have to say. Third in a quartet.
- None. Again! Well, two of the listened to are rereads, and I did reread parts of some books, but I’m only marking down ones I’ve fully reread.
- After Dark by Jayne Castle – Reread. First in her Ghost Hunters series.
- After Glow by Jayne Castle – Reread. Second in her Ghost Hunters series and the only one that is a direct sequel.
- The Nine Tailors by Dorothy L. Sayers – Part of the Lord Peter Wimsey oeuvre. This one was pretty challenging in how the mystery was resolved. I’m enjoying the series overall and did appreciate this particular entry in the series for the way Sayers developed both the characters and the overall story.
Total for June: 8 books with 2 DNF’s.
Total for the year: 65 books.
- The Search by Nora Roberts (7/6) – Nora’s pretty much an automatic buy for me.
- Water Bound by Christine Feehan (7/27) – As far as I can tell, this is the start of a new series by her, but is playing off of the world developed in the Drake Sisters series. I’ll probably put it on hold at the library, though it is a mass market paperback…
- A Kiss at Midnight by Eloisa James (7/27) – The author describes it as a “fractured fairy tale” and as my mother got me hooked on that kind of story via the Rocky and Bullwinkle Show, I’ll take it. Mass market paperback, so a possible buy.
- Last Night’s Scandal by Loretta Chase (7/27) – Chase has been mostly hits for me, with a few notable misses, so this is another on the fence MMP.
- Twice Tempted by a Rogue by Tessa Dare – Second in her Stud Club trilogy. Probably library.
- Three Nights with a Scoundrel by Tessa Dare (7/27) – Third and final in the Stud Club trilogy. Again, probably library.
- Hareton Hall by Lynne Connolly (7/20) – Latest in her Richard and Rose series. E-book, so purchase.