Lots read this month, but tending toward short novels and novellas. Not that I’m complaining, mind you. I’ve been saving a couple of longer novels for my unanticipated vacation as I’ve taken to calling it. In addition to reading, I’ll also be strategically job hunting. I have been, but the full-time job ended on the 30th and I feel like being slightly more open about it. So, if you know of a job for a librarian with mad reader’s advisory and collection development skills, shoot me an e-mail. I am *totally* open to management positions 😀
As I’m finally getting around to posting this almost at the end of July, well, better late than never. Better update when I post my July books next week (smack me if they’re not up by next Friday).
- Hexed by Kevin Hearne – I liked this. Not quite as much as I liked Hounded, but still just as good. Hearne doesn’t hold back on shit happening to his characters if its necessary to the story. Urban fantasy.
- Slow Hands by Leslie Kelly – Fun and spicy. I need to read more of her.
- Baby Bonanza by Maureen Child – Pretty good. I’m betting there was a sequel to this, and if there isn’t, that’s surprising as there was plenty of sequel bait in it with the heroine’s sister.
- Yours to Keep by Shannon Stacey (E) – Loved it. I think I heard a rumor that Shannon’s going to expand the series to write about the Maine branch of the Kowalskis.
- Captives of the Night by Loretta Chase – This was a good book, and I got it because of something Sarah said, I think. It was a good tide me over until Chase’s latest book released.
- Steam and Sorcery by Cindy Spencer Pape (E) – *LOVED* I’m really hoping she writes more in this world.
- How to Tell a Lie by Delphine Dryden (E) – I picked this up because I follow the author under my alter ego on Twitter, and she mentioned that it was on sale for $.99. I was hooked with the premise of two college professors meeting through a MMPORPG. That particular trope is not used all that often, but I seem to be a sucker for it when I run across it. Turned out this was the first in a series of books.
- Art of the Lie by Delphine Dryden (E) – Second in the series.
- Tangled Truth by Delphine Dryden (E) – Fourth in the series. Seriously, I glommed her in less than a weekend. This series is now on my auto-buy list.
- Quicksilver by Amanda Quick – Reread. Loved as usual.
- Dark Light by Jayne Castle – Ditto.
- Wild Ride by Jennifer Crusie and Bob Mayer – Triple ditto.
- Photographs & Phantoms by Cindy Spencer Pape (E) – This is set after the Steam and Sorcery book, but I read this one first. I *really* want more in this world.
- Lessons in Indiscretion by Karen Erickson (E) – *VERY* steamy. I really enjoyed it and will have to check out more by this author.
- Naked Truth by Delphine Dryden (E) – Third in Dryden’s series that I mention above. This was a really well done short story.
Total read in June: 15
Total read in 2011: 64
- Heartless by Gail Carriger (7/5) – Fourth in her Alexia Tarabotti series
- Hammered by Kevin Hearne (7/5) – Third in the Iron Druid Chronicles
- Skin Dive by Ava Gray (7/5) – From what I hear, the last of her Skin series that’s going to be published by Berkley 😦