- Archangel’s Blade by Nalini Singh – Latest in her Guild Hunter series. This is the first book that veers away from what had been the main couple of the series, Raphael and Elena, and focuses instead on the leader of Raphael’s “Seven”, Dmitri. This was a wrenching book to read, but one I really enjoyed.
- Canyons of Night by Jayne Castle – This is the book that’s pretty firmly moving the Harmony series away from the Ghost Hunters to the Arcane Society. It was an enjoyable read – almost all of JAK/AQ/JC’s books are for me – but I felt this one fell a little flat. I’m still trying to pin my finger on why, but I’m hoping when I listen to it, I’ll get a better idea.
- The Poisoner’s Handbook: Murder and the Birth of Forensic Medicine in Jazz Age New York by Deborah Blum – I loved this book. I can’t even remember how I heard of it, but if I could, I would kiss the person who told me about it. This is non-fiction, and an unusual subject, but Blum hits it out of the park. Her storytelling style is magnificent. I’ve been recommending this book right and left since I finished it and highly, highly encourage anyone who’s watching the Prohibition documentary from Ken Burns and company to check it out.
- Archangel’s Kiss by Nalini Singh – This was a reread and part of the read-a-long of the series for Copia. Having read the first book finally, really gave me some context I’d been missing.
- Archangel’s Consort by Nalini Singh – I really enjoyed how Singh is exploring the deepening of Raphael & Elena’s relationship in this book.
- After Dark by Jayne Castle – Continuation of the previous month’s re-listening of Castle’s Ghost Hunter books in preparation of reading Canyons of Night. Read by Joyce Bean. You should know my love of her by this point.
- After Glow by Jayne Castle – Ditto.
Total read in September: 7
Total read in 2011: 86
- Everything I Know About Love (I Learned from Romance Novels) by Sarah Wendell (10/1) – I actually got an ARC of this at BEA and have already skimmed through it, but totally want a regular copy as it’s a fabulous book.
- A Touch of Crimson by Sylvia Day (10/4) – I won an ARC of this from the LibraryThing Early Reviewers program and am just waiting to get it.
- Angels of Darkness by Nalini Singh, Meljean Brook, Sharon Shinn & Ilona Andrews (10/4) – I really want this for the Singh entry as it’s a Guild Hunters story.
- Serpent’s Kiss by Thea Harrison (10/4) – Latest in her Elder Races series
- Slow Ride by Erin McCarthy (10/4) – Latest in her Fast Track series
- Scandalous Desires by Elizabeth Hoyt (10/18) – Latest in her Maiden Lane series
- The Heart of a Killer by Jaci Burton (10/18) – I think this is Jaci’s first foray into the romantic suspense sub-genre and want to check it out
- Flesh and Blood by Kristen Painter (10/25) – Second in her new House of Comarre series. Read the first earlier this week and sucked it down.
- Real Men Will by Victoria Dahl (10/25) – Third in her Donovan Siblings trilogy.