This year is off to a very slow reading start which is fascinating as I started 2014 off with a bang. I’m actually feeling fine about this for the reasons I detailed in my 2014 reading round-up post. While I didn’t finish a lot of books the first two months of this year, I did start quite a few more and reread bits and pieces of others. As always, there’s more reading in my life than is truly reflected here 🙂
- Say Yes to the Marquess by Tessa Dare – A *very* fun novel where the hero is a former champion prize fighter and the heroine is into brewing beer. I learned about the history of IPAs!
- Prudence by Gail Carriger – ARC provided by publisher – This is the first of a potential series (only one other book confirmed) starring the daughter of Alexia and Connall from the Parasol Protectorate series. It was an interesting read, and I’ll definitely be looking forward to reading the next.
- [REDACTED] by [REDACTED] – This was a book that I was beta reading for an author friend of mine to help get some of the library details right. I literally *squeed* and seal clapped over this book and will give it a shout out to it when it’s published later this year.
- Trust No One by Jayne Ann Krentz – Classic Krentz that would be a decent introduction to her style for new readers, and a comfort read for returning readers.
- Written in Red by Anne Bishop – First in the Others series. Reread because the new one is due out on Tuesday.
- Murder of Crows by Anne Bishop – Second in the Others series. This and Written in Red are cracky reads for me and I’m really hoping the third, Vision in Silver, is the same.
Total read in January and February: 6
Total read in 2015: 6 (Edited because I have proven once again that my counting skills when it comes to books is decidedly lacking.)